I promised myself a few things before I started this blog (I really hate that word) and a few things since.
Some of them being:
- Keep it light-hearted
- Don’t use it negatively
- Try and make people laugh
- And a more recent one is don’t give up
That being said this post has come around and I am doing everything I can to stick to those four promises during writing it haha
RIGHT, literally everyday this month I have heard about Blue Monday, January depression and even suicides…
Even if you are feeling happy, hearing this all day everyday is enough to bring you down
I thought I would share my top tips for getting through this mare of a month as it seems relevant right now
- Coffee. Seriously. I just got myself a coffee to cheer me up this afternoon so I didn’t spend this afternoon crying at my desk. Don’t underestimate the power of Starbucks.
- Make yourself look good/feel good. I spent £200 this month on new clothes and call me shallow but I feel like a new person now I own a pink coat and a new fit shirt. Do I have the money? No but I can worry about that in Feb when I am feeling awesome and ready to earn the cash to pay for them 😉
- Spend time with people who make you feel good, don’t see fellow depressed people
- PJ’s – oh yes, I love them no matter what month I’m in but there is NOTHING better than coming home, having a bubble bath and snuggling up in your comfy jams and a dressing gown
- Sex, yes I said it.
- Do something spontaneous… e.g book a weekend away, or if you’re like me and lucky enough to be with O2 you can swap your phone for free – EEKK hello new iPhone, cya l8r Samsung
Not gonna lie these may seem pretty obvious things to do but sometimes you need a little reminder, a reminder that life can seem rough, it can seem pointless and it can feel like you’re the only one who feels this bad but trust me we all go there and it does get better. You just need to look after yourself and get through it!
Spreading the love