Yeah you read that right.
I’m talking about those dreaded years… your 20’s. I was talking to my bestie this morning and it really just hit me how weird these years of your life are. Right now I don’t really have a guide for you as such and this should explain why:
I remember being like 5 and thinking “OMG I can’t wait till I can walk to the shops on my own that will be so exciting” then as soon as I was allowed to go alone, I realised, this luxury also meant I was now able to shop for my whole family and spent my weekends running up to Budgens because we had run out of milk… suddenly I wished I wasn’t allowed to anymore.
Then you are so excited to drive, go to work, live alone and be an adult but no one can prepare you for your 20’s.
I don’t know about you but I may be 22 but I often feel about 15 (and look it)
Here are some of the adult things I have achieved:
- Bought a car
- Bought a flat
- Worked full time for around 5 years
- Bought my own pet (yeah my own pet that I have to keep alive – scary stuff)
- Been with my boyfriend for nearly 7 years
- Read a book because I want to not because I have to
I’m going to be totally honest with you and buying a flat is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I feel it deserves its own post to be honest as it is something I am very passionate about.
So these are all things I was super excited about as a naive child and now I’m here I’ve never felt so confused and here is why:
- Yeah I bought a flat and a car but what does that mean? Responsibility
- I have a career but I also have a flat and a car so what does that mean? Pressure
- I bought a lizard who is super cute but what does that mean? Worrying
- I’ve been with my boyfriend for nearly 7 years so what does that mean? Soz got nothing for you HA. That’s one of the best things.
Pressure and responsibility are probably two of the biggest learning curves… I want to do well and make my family proud, I want to be successful but I want that now, which adds to personal pressure.
When it all gets too much all I want is my mum to be totally truthful…❤
If you feel like this don’t worry, we all do. Life is super confusing and we are all just trying to muddle by and figure out what the right decisions are…